Air quality discrepancy between Outdoor Air Quality and indoor reading. Is there a way to fix this? | Dyson Community
Solved

Air quality discrepancy between Outdoor Air Quality and indoor reading. Is there a way to fix this?

As you can see my air quality is reading “fair” but in the graph it never reads as “fair” it’s reading as “good”. This means I’m not able to track it over time or see how often it’s actually turning on. How do I fix this? Why is this happening??

icon

Best answer by Bob 2 August 2023, 09:20

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

10 replies

There ‘Fair’ reading is your local area/city. It’s the outdoor data taken when you set your home location in the App - Setting your air treatment machine's home location

The indoor ‘Good’ reading is the area your purifier directly impacts. 

The two don’t correlate. It’s more of an indication to the air quality out of your home, compared to that of in your home 😁

Userlevel 5

Mr Dean is correct. If you want to set your machine to go off, why not use Auto mode. This option will trigger the machine when  a spike in bad is detected in-home air. 

Using Auto mode (Purifier, Heater and Humidify)

There ‘Fair’ reading is your local area/city. It’s the outdoor data taken when you set your home location in the App - Setting your air treatment machine's home location

The two don’t correlate. It’s more of an indication to the air quality out of your home, compared to that of in your home 😁

Hi. So I’m aware of how my monitoring works and my app and how to use it. you’ll notice I’m scrolled down in my app and that’s not the outdoor reading, which is featured on top. That’s my indoor reading which is reading fair while the graph contradicts it…..

Mr Dean is correct. If you want to set your machine to go off, why not use Auto mode. This option will trigger the machine when  a spike in bad is detected in-home air. 

Using Auto mode (Purifier, Heater and Humidify)

Hi my machine IS in auto setting thanks….

Using Auto mode (Purifier, Heater and Humidify

Thanks for the feedback. I’m aware of how to use my app and the feedback and features it provides. The app actually lists the outside information at the top. You must scroll down to access the house information  and below that os the graph as you can see from the included pictures. So you are incorrect. This is a reading of my inside air quality and at the same time the graph is not reflecting the reading… that’s what I need help with. 

Userlevel 5

Hi @An44444. At first I was confused with the image, but your explanation makes perfect sense to me. I think the information here would help at a possible fix. 

'Power Cycling/Restarting/Resetting' the air treatment machine

I’d lean toward there being a mis-match of data.

If a reset doesn’t fix it, you’ll have to get on the line to Dyson and have them investigate the cause. 

The data on the LCD screen and the app wasn’t aligning. Out of sync for about 3 days. I reset it like above and it fixed it. Hopefully it does for you also.