air readings? all 0 since reset | Dyson Community
Solved

air readings? all 0 since reset

• 23 November 2021
  • 2 replies

I had a issue with my new (purchased last week) HP09 (Heat/Cool/Purifier) where it wouldn’t connect to WiFi on the Unit side (WiFi was animated indicating trying to resync) and in the app (showing not connected). It was showing connected on router side viewing router logs. No issues with WiFi even at the location of the unit (RSSI was 54dBm and download/upload speeds were 220Mbps/21Mbps at location of unit). The only thing that fixed the issue was deleting in app, resetting unit to factory and repairing. However, since adding back to the app ALL READINGS (Voc, PM2.5, PM10, No2 and HCHO) are 0. Prior to the rest there were times the PM2.5, PM10 and VOC were 0 and every once in a while increase to 1 or 2 so not unusual they are 0. And NO2 has only been 0. However the HCHO is 0.000 which is strange because the one week I had it it’s always been low but not all zeroes I think it was like 0.0010 on average. It’s almost like none of the readings are reporting since deleting and resetting everything. The Temp and Humidity are correct data. I hate that the unit is only a week old and having issues, not something I’m accustomed to with Dyson as I have had several other products for years with no issues.

(Edited by moderator – tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Carey 25 November 2021, 05:00

View original

2 replies

Hey @DustBegone,

i maybe be able to assist you here, 

firstly, when the machine shows offline in the app and the Wi-Fi symbol is animating simply turn the machine off then unplug it a a minute once you plug it back in it will simply re-connect to your.network.

Secondly, with air quality as the machine has not been connected it will not show any historical data once re-con necked this will start to show again although it will take 24 hours for a full reading to show you will see something within a few hours via the graph in the app, you can always try spraying something at your machine to see if it reacts like some perfume or cologne or disinfectant spray this will activate the purification quickly. 

hope this helps, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @DustBegone 

Carey’s reply is spot on. 

We have an article that details how to 'Power Cycling/Restarting' your machine. There is a possibility that it has somehow lost part connection to the Dyson Cloud and is struggling to send/receive all the data for the machine. 

However, as you’ve mentioned the information on the logged in home-screen is not reflecting the local environment, where the readings are showing in a (-)/0 figure or as a 0 percentage, you may need to revert the machine to factory settings. To view how to do this, please visit our Reverting your machine back to factory settings article.

Feel free to @Me if you are still stuck.

Thanks,

Stuart