App air quality data blank | Dyson Community
Solved

App air quality data blank

• 19 January 2022
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Up until Sunday night my app was working fine.

Since Monday morning it seems my machine isn't recalling any indoor air quality data.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 21 January 2022, 00:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @BarryM 

Thank you for posting a question. We’d be glad to provide some insight as to why this may be happening. Would you be happy to confirm for us which machine you’re using?

I have a HP07 - According to the below this is a generation 2 machine.

Understanding which Dyson Air Treatment machine I own | Dyson Community

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @BarryM,

Thank you for confirming this. 

It sounds like you're able to accurately view the outdoor air quality, but it's the indoor AQI that you're not able to successfully view? Can you also confirm if you're seeing any AQ sensor error on your machine's display? I can confirm that if the machine is unplugged at any point after first use, your sensors, specifically the VOC and NO2 sensors will require an up to 20-minute calibration period. Also, if you're not seeing AQ data, we'll want to check and make sure the AQ sensors have not accidentally been turned off. To reactivate, press the Auto button down for 5 seconds. 

You may also wish to perform a hard reset on your machine. To carry this out, simply power off your device, unplug it from the power for 30 seconds, and go ahead and turn that back on. If you still have trouble, you can perform a factory reset as well. However, we'll want to make sure other steps are taken first, because you would need to complete the connection journey again if you need to perform a factory reset. 

One other question to check - do you have the machine running in Auto mode? 

There are a couple of articles from our Knowledge Base that could help you here:

1. 'Power Cycling/Restarting' your machine
  2. Reverting your machine back to factory settings
  3. Cleaning the sensor

Hi @kellym 

Thank you for the detailed reply.

Power cycling/Restarting my machine looks like it’s done the trick and solved it. It seemed from having to follow this step that my app lost its connection to the machine. 

Who knew turning things on and off again in this day and age still fixes things.. 

Cheers.