how accurate is the formaldehyde detection? | Dyson Community

how accurate is the formaldehyde detection?

• 24 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi - I have 2 Dyson Airpurifier Cool Formaldehyde (TP09) and the Formaldehyde reading has been stuck at 0.000 for the past week on both machines.

I am very skeptical about the results because an Home Quality expert detected Formaldehyde at my place and I have dedicated devices that indicates some levels of HCHO due my wood floor off-gasing.

I have already reseted both devices but the problem persists. 

Do we have any evidence of the accuracy of the HCHO measure for TP09?

Thank you

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Alright?

1. Are the two TP09 working in the same space? - They could be circulating pre-purifier air onto one another - Maybe try using just one.  
  2. Have you read - Formaldehyde - What is it, what are the common sources and is it dangerous? - Linking into - Formaldehyde: the invisible indoor pollutant
  3. A home quality expert and dedicated devices indicating HCHO sources. What do these even look like? Are you performing a home study?
  4. How do you know that the other sources aren’t faulty?
  5. If your concerned, have you contacted Dyson to run a fault check? 

Asking for evidence of HCHO accuracy on their products. Have you reviewed their purchase page?  Dyson purifier hot cool formaldehyde. The answer may already be there.