My graph data isn't updating straight away | Dyson Community
Solved

My graph data isn't updating straight away

• 11 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

My mum and me share a purifier, we’ve noticed the air quality on the home screen is showing as good, but the graph says its bad, why don’t they show the same?

icon

Best answer by Stuart 12 August 2021, 10:45

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @GraceWood

Due to the uniqueness of this question, I thought it best I answer.

There is a brief gap in the amount of time it takes to update the Air Quality data shown on the graphs. This is down to your connected purifiers sending and receive data to and from the Dyson Cloud. I’ve summarised the time for both our purifier ‘Generations’ below: 

Generation 1 

One hour

Generation 2

Twenty (20) minutes

If you wanted to read more about the information shown on the graphs, view the Knowledge Base article named ‘Viewing your machine's air quality graphs’.

Hope this helps :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi Stuart. My mum and me sat there watching the App and it updated the graph after an hour. We have another question but I will create a new post for this.

I don’t understand why it would take twenty minutes to show the most recent sensor reading. Network communications and processing should be very fast. I recommend Dyson consider working with a modern cloud provider to enable immediate or near-immediate speeds, which would make use of the sensor readings significantly more actionable in a practical timeframe. For example, if there’s a high particle count or VOC/NO where I’m sitting, I want to immediately move or ventilate the area. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I don’t understand why it would take twenty minutes to show the most recent sensor reading. Network communications and processing should be very fast. I recommend Dyson consider working with a modern cloud provider to enable immediate or near-immediate speeds, which would make use of the sensor readings significantly more actionable in a practical timeframe. For example, if there’s a high particle count or VOC/NO where I’m sitting, I want to immediately move or ventilate the area. 

Hi @LoriDComm 

Thanks for the follow up. 

It’s always positive to have user feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share this suggestion with us. Though I cannot directly comment on our future developments and technology integration plans, we do regularly review and prioritise suggestions ahead of each software release and development phase. I will highlight this suggestion with our development team in the next planning increment.

If there are any other suggestions you wish to make on how you feel we can improve the app, feel free to leave a further reply or drop me a PM (Private message).

In terms of the In-App data your purifier displays, it is only the graphical/historic data that has this gap, up-to-date data will continue to show on the In-App home screen. This appears inside the house above the image of your product.

Hope this has helped. 

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your openness to suggestions! That positively affects my opinion about both Dyson and you :-)

Also, I was very interested to learn that what’s shown inside the house on the app are the current values. On my app, the AQI does not show there, but it does show on the (for me, 1-hour delayed) web app graphs.Is there a way to make the AQI appear realtime? I’d really like to get the current info, because sometimes my AQI shows as bad, although the humidity and temperature are fine at that time as verified on the app both in the graphs and in the data showing in the house image. I think that means that my device measures particles and/or VOC, even though it doesn’t report those numbers.  I have a Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link device purchased around 4 years ago (not the latest model).

Regards,

Lori

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your openness to suggestions! That positively affects my opinion about both Dyson and you :-)

Also, I was very interested to learn that what’s shown inside the house on the app are the current values. On my app, the AQI does not show there, but it does show on the (for me, 1-hour delayed) web app graphs.Is there a way to make the AQI appear realtime? I’d really like to get the current info, because sometimes my AQI shows as bad, although the humidity and temperature are fine at that time as verified on the app both in the graphs and in the data showing in the house image. I think that means that my device measures particles and/or VOC, even though it doesn’t report those numbers.  I have a Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link device purchased around 4 years ago (not the latest model).

Regards,

Lori

Hi@LoriDComm 

Yes, that is correct. The house represents the current ‘Value’/ Air Quality detected by the machine. This is representative by the Air Quality level and the colour of the house. Good/Green, Fair/Yellow, Poor/Amber, Very poor/Red, Extremely poor/Burgundy or Severe/Purple. The house also includes an overview of the Temperature, Humidity, and the dominant pollutant type.

Our ‘Viewing your machine's air quality graphs’ article provides a description of each of the Air Quality levels and their colours. Alternatively, you can view this in the App by swiping up on the home screen to view the Indoor Air Quality and pressing on the (?) in the graphs top right corner.

The top of this Indoor Air Quality screen provides a real time overview of the current detection. The words ‘Now’ appear as the title to this data. 

In terms of our graphical information taking 1 hour to appear, there isn’t a way to make this appear in real time.

I hope this helps to answer your question and provide a reassurance to how you can view the current Air Quality for your machine. 

Thanks, 

Stuart