never goes below “FAIR” even with constant purification. Does anyone know how to fix this? | Dyson Community
Solved

never goes below “FAIR” even with constant purification. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• 28 December 2021
  • 2 replies

My HP09 never goes below “FAIR” even with constant purification. Does anyone know how to fix this? I’ve vacuumed the sensors. It didn’t do a thing.

Thanks in advance for your help

icon

Best answer by Stuart 4 January 2022, 15:36

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hi 

There are a number article that talked about ‘off gassing’. This could be what your experiencing..

Off gassing is caused by something that is producing bad air at a rate higher or equal to the machine.

I’d suggest searching the homepage for ‘off gassing’ .

Pete. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @dioncw Thanks for posting a question. 

I’d agree with Pete on this.

It is possible that your machine is detecting a high level of particles in the home environment and due to this consistent level, it is being affected by ‘Off gassing’. This is where a source is producing the gas at a rate higher or the same that equals the machines purification.

There are a couple of suggestions which I can make that could help resolve this. 

1. Check the local environment for sources which can cause this increase. Read our What are the common household pollutants? article to understand where the different pollutant types come from. 
  2. Make sure the machine is working at it’s best. Read our Keeping your purifier performing at its best article for tips and tricks on cleaning your machine and checking the machine sensors. 

Hopefully with the above information you can pinpoint the cause and resolve this for the future. 

Feel free to @Me should you have any follow up questions.

Thanks, 

Stuart