Normal Air Quality Readings | Dyson Community
Solved

Normal Air Quality Readings

• 7 December 2021
  • 1 reply

I keep my Fan on AUTO mode. Is it normally to run at level 1 pretty much 24/7? Is it possible okay if it gets up to level 4 for a little bit, twice a day?

(Edited by moderator – tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Stuart 8 December 2021, 11:01

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Lweb423 

Thanks for posting a question. 

We’d usually see other community members engaging quite quickly, but it seems in this instance your question had been missed. I’ve updated the ‘Tags’ which should help it stick out in the future. 

It’s normal for users to set their machine to operate in Auto Mode 24/7. While in this mode, the machine will pause when the target air quality has been reached, switching on again when the air quality levels drop. The airflow speed will also increase until the target air quality and/or temperature have been reached. This way your purifier won't be constantly running.

If you decide that you want to use your Purifier by manually setting the fan speed, this will not affect the operation of the machine. I’d just bear in mind that if a spike in the air quality is detected the machine will not automatically adjust to remove this. 

There are a couple of articles I can recommend you read. These are designed to help users understand the different modes/functions their purifiers have and the benefit of them. 

1. Using Auto mode
  2. Using Night mode
  3. Using the Data Scrubber

I hope this helps. 

Stuart