pm 2.5 and 10 constantly at 999 | Dyson Community
Solved

pm 2.5 and 10 constantly at 999

• 19 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi,

For some time now, my purifier has been reporting deadly levels of PM. Even when it's on on full steam for a while. The room it's in is relatively small, and the window is closed at all times. NO2 and Voc are fine.

Any ideas why that's happening?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 19 September 2021, 21:14

View original

4 replies

Hi @Kosmotaur 

This has come up a few times on the community before. It’s caused by a blockage. 

The original article is here - Extremely poor/Severe air quality and it was marked as solved. 

Give that a go. If it’s still happening I’d suggest @ the community manager Stuart. 

Hope this helps :)

Pete

Maybe a silly question but where is the sensor!!! The fix asks me to clean the sensor but I’m not sure where the sensor is on the device. Can anyone help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @matthewsheehan,

This is in fact a great question. Unless you’ve access this area before or are familiar with the user guide, they can be tricky to locate. 

I’ve updated the ‘Cleaning the sensor’ article to show where these can be found for future users. 

Extract from the article is below: 

Generation 1

The sensors are located behind a hatch on the rear facing side of the machine. This hatch is towards the bottom of the machine, above the power cable.

Generation 2

As you are viewing the machine from the front, the sensor ports are located on the left hand side. These ports are just above the perforated filter housing.   

Hope this helps. 

Stuart

Thanks yes - big help. I am on a gen2. I had to vacuum over the sensor ports and it cleared the blockage - sensor went from 999 down to 1 . Happy again