Recommendation - Will Dyson Purifiers cool the room or get the room warmer? | Dyson Community

Recommendation - Will Dyson Purifiers cool the room or get the room warmer?

• 15 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone,

I am Carl and I live in London and, obviously, the air quality is often very poor. I have an air filtering system that is rather good but not good enough when I go to sleep. That is why I am considering a Dyson air purifier

Also, I cannot bear the heat, and would need an AC. But, as I live in a flat, I cannot install an AC system for our increasingly hot summers. I considered a portable one but my windows are all floor to ceiling and opening in a way that I cannot find any portable AC compatible with my windows or doors. I have fans but they require I open the windows or it becomes too hot, and it’s only a small difference, a breeze of air that is pleasant because it’s a breeze.

As I also need a proper air purifier in my room, I decided to check if the Dyson  Purifier HEPA Cool (WiFi) could do both jobs without the need of opening the windows during the night, and waking up to the lovely noise of traffic and construction sites. Would this £549 purifier do the job for a small cooling effect, or would the air get hot like with a common fan.

Many thanks

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Category Updated) 

Jack 11 months ago

Hi @Hardes,

There are many factors that can influence how quickly a room gains, loses or maintains temperature. But just to echo what others have said, running a Dyson purifier will have a negligible effect on any temperature increase in the room it’s placed in. It won’t lower the room temperature, but the airflow passing over you should make you feel cooler.

If you order direct from www.dyson.co.uk, we do offer a free 35-day money back guarantee. This means you can give a Dyson purifier a try in your own home, and send it back to us for a full refund within that time period if you find it isn’t quite right for your needs. 

Let us know how you get on!

Jack

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Heya! Carl.

I love my purifier, highly recommended! I have mine on 24/7. I use the auto function, meaning it switches on whenever it detects a drop in air quality. I’d like to think I’ve become an expert on air quality since becoming an owner 😃!

They don’t cool the space - there isn’t an increase in temperature that I’ve picked up on. They do cool me down as I have it directed at my chair/oscillating in the room. This cool air helps, but doesn’t reduce the temperature. Maybe this post will explain it better than I can.  

Emma. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks a lot, Emma. My issue with regular fans has to do with the tendency to heat the room, as  they tend to warm up and it heats up the rooms and the air flow becomes warmer too. If the Dyson fan were at least capable of not heating up the room, that would be a massive bonus for me ❄️🪟

@Hardes. Had mine for 3+ years. I have it on my office desk, No more than 2 - 3 foot away, I’ve never noticed any excess heat.

@Hardes. Had mine for 3+ years. I have it on my office desk, No more than 2 - 3 foot away, I’ve never noticed any excess heat.

Same here. I suspect there’ll be small amount of heat, like with any electrical product. It negligible on my Dyson, cool to touch after being on for the last 3 hours.

Userlevel 1

That is my fear! If you say it’s negligible, I will immediately get it, as I cannot suffer what I suffered for the past few summers. My home is a new build and I never need to switch the heating on, even in the coldest days. The insulation is amazing and it also helps during the summer, if I close all my curtains and live like a bat. But I’m way more resistant to cold than to hot weather. Cold, there’s always something we can do, even if it’s only more clothes and an extra blanket but with the heat, there’s nothing I can do and most buildings don’t allow us to put a proper AC and a fan with negligible heating due to the way it’s made is the best thing I can get. Thanks 

Userlevel 5

That is my fear! If you say it’s negligible, I will immediately get it, as I cannot suffer what I suffered for the past few summers. My home is a new build and I never need to switch the heating on, even in the coldest days. The insulation is amazing and it also helps during the summer, if I close all my curtains and live like a bat. But I’m way more resistant to cold than to hot weather. Cold, there’s always something we can do, even if it’s only more clothes and an extra blanket but with the heat, there’s nothing I can do and most buildings don’t allow us to put a proper AC and a fan with negligible heating due to the way it’s made is the best thing I can get. Thanks 

Just use the Dysons return policy. If it isn’t right for you, just return it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Hardes,

There are many factors that can influence how quickly a room gains, loses or maintains temperature. But just to echo what others have said, running a Dyson purifier will have a negligible effect on any temperature increase in the room it’s placed in. It won’t lower the room temperature, but the airflow passing over you should make you feel cooler.

If you order direct from www.dyson.co.uk, we do offer a free 35-day money back guarantee. This means you can give a Dyson purifier a try in your own home, and send it back to us for a full refund within that time period if you find it isn’t quite right for your needs. 

Let us know how you get on!

Jack