a humming sound intermittently happens | Dyson Community
Solved

a humming sound intermittently happens

• 30 October 2021
  • 3 replies

I’ve noticed a humming sound high pitched noise and it happens often but intermittently on its own. 

I run my Dyson 24-7 on Auto and the filter is okay not ready to be replaced yet per the app percentage. 

anyone else experience this humming sound and how do I fix it? It becomes so annoying I turn off the Dyson when it happens. 

icon

Best answer by Stuart 31 October 2021, 11:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Bonny

Have you looked at our ‘What are the different Purifier decibels/noise level?’ article? Specifically, the Continuous monitoring section?

As you mention the machine is in Auto mode, I’d suspect this noise might only be heard when it is in its idle/standby state? 

If not, there are a few quick and easy troubleshooting checks online which can also help work out why this is happening. Please visit our Troubleshooting guide  and follow the onscreen options.

Should the online support guide not resolve this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.  

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 2

I experienced this too on my HP04 on two different machines. The third machine Dyson Support sent me so far has not experienced this. I would reach out to see if you’re still in Warranty and can do an RMA. 

Userlevel 1

I own 2 TP04s and one of it has that high-pitched long squeaks occasionally right out of the box. It seems to happen only when my fan is at speed 6-8 intermittently, and not very loud that it would annoy me. Im guessing it might be moving motor or internal fan parts having friction or drying lubricants. I might be wrong. If its really bad i suggest you record a video or it happening and have your dyson checked out. I think they do come to your house for servicing if im not wrong. For me, it doesn’t bother me much cause i use mine TP04 as a fan most of the time at max speed.