Air Purifier Hot and Cool wifi password not available due to bought refurbished | Dyson Community
Question

Air Purifier Hot and Cool wifi password not available due to bought refurbished

• 21 January 2024
  • 2 replies

I received the Dyson Air purifier hot and cool refurbished as a gift. When trying to connect to it's wifi the customer support told me that the wifi password could not be reset because it still was registered to the original owner. It's refurbished so shouldn't the company have reset this. I have the package which has the password on it, but they state it is registered to the original owner and they can't fix that. What do I do? It was a gift from my sister purchased through Amazon and certified refurbished. I am so frustrated. 

2 replies

Hi there @tsbnoah sorry to hear that you are having this issue. We suggest removing the filter from the machine and look for the password to be on the main body of the machine itself. 

Finding password isn't the issue. When I notified Dyson customer service I gave them the serial number and everything and they told me that it belonged to another person. I even had my sister who bought it for me send them a copy of the receipt and they said they couldn't do anything about it because the product was registered to someone else. Dyson just is not good. Even my Dyson vacuum is not good. The battery won't charge anymore and all customer service would say is it's no longer under warranty and I should just buy a new one.