air quality is not improving over time | Dyson Community
Solved

air quality is not improving over time

• 1 December 2021
  • 2 replies

I assume the filters catch the pollutants as the time progresses and reduces the pm* rating over time but I do not see that happening. The filters are clean as whistle after 3 days but the pm* rating keep going up everyday, it started at 30 on day one to 350 at the end of third day. I use HP04

(Edited by moderator – tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Stuart 7 December 2021, 10:06

View original

2 replies

Hi @irraju

Are you running it in auto mode? 

With the reading going so high, i’d say something at home is causing it to spike.. Auto mode should help.

Attached a screenshot of the APP showing the Spike and I might be able to guide / suggest something else. 

Cheers,

Pete

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @irraju 

I’d agree with @WoodenMan here. It sounds like the machine is picking up something in the local environment that is causing the Air Quality to decrease significantly over time. In the long term you might be able to identify the cause of this and look at reducing it. Read our ‘What are the common household pollutants?’ article to help identify what it could be. 

If you’ve not already, i’d also recommend using the Auto Mode function. In this mode the on-board sensors will intelligently adjust the settings of the machine according to the air quality, pausing when the target air quality has been reached and switching on again when the air quality levels drop.

Read more about how the Auto mode works on our ‘Using Auto mode’ article.

Thanks, 

Stuart