Are recurring pump column issues normal for Dyson humidifiers? Do you need to baby your machine? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Hi all,

I’m new to this group. Are recurring pump column issues normal for Dyson humidifiers?  Do you need to baby your machine?

The reason I ask is… I have a PH04 (Dyson Purifier Humidify+Cool Formaldehyde) that I purchased last Oct.
Everything was fine for months...

By April, I was concerned because the machine hadn’t yet notified me to run a cleaning cycle so I contacted customer service, but they just said to wait until the machine notified me.  Then several weeks later in May, the machine woke us in the middle of the night making a loud choking/gasping noise after I had refilled the tank that evening.  I ran a cleaning cycle (though still hadn’t been prompted to do so yet) and that fixed it for a short while. 

About 2 weeks later, again right after a refill, the gasping noise happened again at night and I noticed that in the days following there was no change in the water tank and the evaporator/inside of the machine was completely dry.I ran a cleaning cycle again, but the noise came back again that night (it always seems to happen in the middle of the night).

I contacted customer service and took the machine to my “local” repair shop (1hr drive each way).  They confirmed at the repair shop that it was a faulty pump Column and swapped it out for another.

Less than 2 weeks after getting home from the repair shop, the noise happened again.  I ran a cleaning cycle, again and that worked for a few weeks.

Last night (one month to the day after the pump column was replaced), the machine woke us up making that same gosh darn noise and again the inside of the machine was totally dry.  I Had just run a cleaning cycle 2 weeks ago, so it shouldn’t need that again so soon.  I took off and cleaned the screen of the pump column and I can tell that the machine is now sucking the water up properly after the screen clean.  Hopefully it won’t wake us up again tonight!

Just a note: the machine has never notified me of any kind of issue or fault.

Is this kind of constant care and attention “the norm” for a PH04 or is mine extra finicky?

Thanks for any advice you have to share!