Bait and switch? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Bait and switch?

• 9 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hey Dyson family

In my attempts to join the family, I did a search on the Dyson website to see which vacuum would fit me best, this is what came up, time stamped at 12:30pm(EST)- I have a screenshot of the timestamp too.

When I put it in the cart to purchase the price changed but it would continue to say you’ll see the discount at checkout, which I did not, so I reached out via chat to customer service and explained the issue, he proceeded to tell me that there was a glitch in the system and unfortunately that wasn’t the price. My response to him was -well that’s the price it was offered to me on your website so I think you need to honor that price, the glitch is not a me problem it’s a you problem needless to say by 2:30pm(EST) that glitch has since been corrected. But I’m just curious what you all think -I think the original discounted price should be honored since that’s what I was offered whether it was a glitch or not.

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @vermont072,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and our apologies for any disappointment over this pricing confusion. 

This is a conversation you would need to continue with the Dyson Customer Care team in your region, as it’s not something we’ll be able to influence via the Dyson Community.

In case it’s useful, you can find the terms and conditions around purchasing from the Dyson US online store here.