Broken part on Ball Animal 2 | Dyson Community
Solved

Broken part on Ball Animal 2

• 24 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Broken part

Hi, I’m trying to identofy this part which has broken on my Ball animal 2.  Any ideas?

(Edited by moderator – Tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 25 October 2022, 09:39

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @WillieWatt

There aren’t any expanded diagrams I can find for your model of Dyson. 

Reviewing a similar upright, the Dyson 25, this looks to be the Main Body Assy. I can’t locate this as a purchasable part via Dyson Online store - Dyson Small Ball™ 2 upright vacuum parts

If I recall, our Big Ball vacuum came with a 5-year warranty - If yours is still in this time frame then I’d suggest contacting Dyson for a repair. I believe they do a fix cost service outside of any warranty period.

I hope this helps. 

Charlie.

Hey.

Funnily enough, a similar post was put up on Reddit - Someone uploaded a schematic of the Main Body Assy, the Ball Assy and their components.  

Dyson Ball - Main Body Assy
Dyson Ball - Ball Assy

I agree with @Charliebrown - The broken part is most likely the Main Body Assy.

Pete.

Hi @WillieWatt

It appears the upper ball within the main body is broken. This is an engineer fitted part, as such you would not be able to purchase the part instead you would need to have your machine booked in for a repair. 

I recommend that you contact this team via their ‘Live chat’ feature. One of the market advisers would then be able to look into this matter, offering a confirmation on what service they will be able to offer. To do this, navigate to our Guides and manuals, scroll to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

I hope this helps. 

Jodey.