button on airwrap had fallen off 1 month after use | Dyson Community

button on airwrap had fallen off 1 month after use

• 18 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I have only had my Dyson airwrap for a month and the button cover to turn it on has just dropped off! 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Gtindale,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this. It’s definitely not something we’d expect to happen, especially so soon after purchase.

So we can help resolve things for you as quickly as possible, please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

Hi Jack, thank you for your reply. I contacted Dyson and my machine was sent away for a repair (with no replacement in the meantime or confirmation of collection by the delivery company) and I have just been informed by Dyson that my machine is unfixable. This is very strange to me as it is one tiny detailing part that has to be put on somehow when making the machine. 
Dyson have ‘kindly’ said they will send me a new Dyson free of charge however the catch is that the rose gold is out of stock so I have to choose a different colour. I am unhappy with this as I saved hard for a Dyson and was desperate for this colour so I will not be accepting their ‘kind’ offer. 

I’m not too sure where to go from here, but I have asked for my old Dyson back and some sort of compensation or a new Dyson if and when the colour comes back into stock.

Hi @Gtindale,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this. It’s definitely not something we’d expect to happen, especially so soon after purchase.

So we can help resolve things for you as quickly as possible, please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

​​​​​We'll look forward to speaking with you!

Hi Jack, thank you for your reply. I contacted Dyson and my machine was sent away for a repair (with no replacement in the meantime or confirmation of collection by the delivery company) and I have just been informed by Dyson that my machine is unfixable. This is very strange to me as it is one tiny detailing part that has to be put on somehow when making the machine. 
Dyson have ‘kindly’ said they will send me a new Dyson free of charge however the catch is that the rose gold is out of stock so I have to choose a different colour. I am unhappy with this as I saved hard for a Dyson and was desperate for this colour so I will not be accepting their ‘kind’ offer. 

I’m not too sure where to go from here, but I have asked for my old Dyson back and some sort of compensation or a new Dyson if and when the colour comes back into stock.

I am still waiting for a reply from Dyson over a day later. Still not sure what they are doing with my airwrap that I would like back👍🏼.