can i swap our the charcole and hepa filter for a formaldahyde filers on my gen 2 hot and cold purifer | Dyson Community
Solved

can i swap our the charcole and hepa filter for a formaldahyde filers on my gen 2 hot and cold purifer

• 18 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi, can I swap out the charcole and hepa filter for a formaldehyde filer on my gen 2 hot and cold purifier, thanks 

icon

Best answer by Stuart 21 September 2021, 10:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Irish Graham

Great question. Currently, we do not sell the Formaldehyde filters as separate purchases and/or spare part. These are packaged in the factor for the Formaldehyde variants.  

In terms of the filter being backwards compatible, I am waiting for a response from our Commercial and Category element here at Dyson on if this is possible for the future. 

Once I have a reply, I will let you know. 

In the meantime, could you please either update your profile with your machines serial number (this is hidden from other users views) or send me a PM including it. I can then look into what specifically you can do with your machine.

Many thanks, 

Stuart.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Irish Graham,

The Formaldehyde filter has been designed to work solely in the Dyson Purifier Formaldehyde machines.

The filter works in conjunction with the precise solid-state formaldehyde sensor and other onboard technology unique to these models. The onboard LCD screen and the Dyson Link App are programmed to display unique features on both the Air Quality readings and filter life, which are additionally not backwards compatible.

To view the filters compatible with your machine, please visit our online shop here.

Many thanks, 

Stuart