Can it be made easier to open the V8 for the elderly? | Dyson Community
Solved

Can it be made easier to open the V8 for the elderly?

• 22 November 2023
  • 2 replies

I have just brought a v8 for my mother in law, she absolutely loves it.

However emptying it, is quiet difficult for her.

The reason we got the v8 was because her strength isn’t what it used to be.

It would appear to require quite a lot of strength to pull the red lever to open the bottom of the canister to empty.

Could i spray the mechanism with silicone grease to make it easier/smother opening action?

Or is it simply because it is brand new?

Many Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Jack 22 November 2023, 14:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @JamesCusick3,

Welcome to the Dyson Community - I’m glad to hear your mother-in-law is so pleased with her new Dyson V8™ vacuum!

The bin emptying mechanism shouldn’t need excessive force to open, but it may be a little stiff to release the first few times she uses it due to it being a brand new machine. We’d advise against applying any kind of lubricant to the mechanism, because we can’t guarantee it won’t cause damage. This shouldn’t be needed as we’d soon expect this to relax from normal daily use. 

If she continues to have issues, she’s very welcome to get in touch with Dyson Customer Care for support. Like all of our new cordless vacuums, the Dyson V8™ vacuum comes with a free 2-year guarantee. The quickest way to speak with the team is to start a Live Chat session on Dyson.co.uk, by opening the Dyson Digital Assistant and clicking the agent icon.

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much. I am staying here for the next week, so I will make sure she opens it daily to ensure the mechanism is a bit smoother.