Changing my broadband/router | Dyson Community
Solved

Changing my broadband/router

• 10 September 2021
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hey, 

I’m in the process of changing broadband provider and expect a new router to arrive next week. 

Does anyone know if the machine will need to be reconnected or would it work as normal once my phone is on the new network? 

Pete

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 13 September 2021, 16:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hey @WoodenMan 

Is the change for the better? My provider has been a Nightmare recently. The end of my contract can’t come quick enough. 

I’d assume it would work outright, though I’m sure Generation 2 connections are over WiFi and Bluetooth. Try changing the WiFi network on the phone first and if that doesn’t work, I’d go down the route of reconnecting the machine.

I’d be interested to see which of the above worked. Let me know once you're given it a try.

David. 

Hi @WoodenMan 
This depends on your machine but for our newer machines you can update the Wi-Fi credentials in ‘Your machine’s settings’ in the settings cog (top right).

You will need your new network password to hand.

All the best,

Pete

Hey @D.Taylor, the change is for the better. Or I hope it is. Our current provider has been very intermittent. We’ve upgraded to take advantage of the fibre optic cables laid earlier this year. 

@D.Taylor @PeteHorsham the new Router will be with me on Friday. I’ll let you know how I get on.

Pete

Hey @D.Taylor @PeteHorsham, router arrived today. 

I updated the WiFi on my phone and in the ‘Your machine’s settings’ on the app. Worked perfectly. 

New provider is working out great compared to the last. 

Thanks both. 

Pete