Continuing Nightmare That Is My Return Experience - Refund Still Pending! | Dyson Community
Solved

Continuing Nightmare That Is My Return Experience - Refund Still Pending!

• 21 February 2024
  • 3 replies

My wife and I live in the US and have been consumers of several Dyson products for many, many years, up to and including a recent purchase of an Airwrap in late December 2023 for my wife’s 50th birthday.  Turns out that she had already received one as a gift from her family so on 12/22/23 I initiated a return of the Airwrap and a couple accessories.

This is where the fun began. I had to process 3 returns instead of one for my single order number (1649422111) which, in hindsight if this was the worst part of the experience, I’d be just fine. It took a couple of calls to even get the return labels, one of which 2 different customer service representatives couldn’t even send me due to a “system issue” and I had to have the UPS store print for me which they love doing.

Didn’t hear back from Dyson until 1/04/24 via an email that was titled “Your Delayed Dyson Refund” where it stated “we are currently experiencing an unexpected delay in the processing of your refund” and were allegedly working diligently to address the issue and process the return.  Fine. On 1/12 and 1/13 I received confirmation of each of the individual accessories I’d returned but never received one for the Airwrap kit for Straight to Wavy hair which of course is the most expensive item. It took another call to customer service to confirm. Next email was on 1/17 asking me to “rate my return experience” which I unfortunately let lapse (the survey stays open for 7 days only) thinking my refund is pending any day now. Wow was I wrong.

My wife and I have called customer service 4 times since and even tried to get some sort of resolution via chat and so far, nothing. Each call to customer service takes anywhere from 40 to 60 minutes and each time we’re filled with empty promises of escalation, call backs and related nonsense all to placate us until the next angry call a week later. The cherry on top is an email I received today informing me of how sorry they are for the delay and that I will be contacted again via email in 10-14 business days (!) with an update, meanwhile the rest of the email was a solicitation to purchase additional Dyson products.

It’s been 9 weeks since I began the process with no resolution in sight. Everyone has had bad customer service experiences but with Dyson, I could take my worst experience and multiply it by 100 and it would still pale in comparison to this. It is a shame that we’ve enjoyed and continue to enjoy Dyson products all these years and this is how awful our support experience has been, or continues to be I should say since I’m still waiting on my refund.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 25 February 2024, 17:42

View original

3 replies

Hi @jmastro 

I am so very sorry to hear of the troubles you are having with getting your refund. Please email askdysonUS@dyson.com in the Subject Line please include:  "Dyson.Com Review" and we will be happy to help further. Please include your order ID.

Hello @brandir,

Thank you for your response. The email was sent and I was contacted today by a Dyson expert that informed me the refund process had been initiated.

As mentioned above, my wife and I are fans and long time customers of Dyson but unfortunately, this experience will most likely cause us to pause when potentially purchasing any Dyson products in the future. I’ve seen several of these types of posts here on the Dyson Community website and would hope Dyson can pivot to be able to provide the bare minimum of customer service, which even then would be a great stride of where we are today.

Thank you again,

John

Same here – Dyson must have the worst computer system in the world. Every time I’ve called, there have been problems with the “system” – How hard can it be to process a refund? The worst and mosts incompetent businesses in my town are able to do this immediately. I will never purchase another Dyson product and will discourage others from doing so.