Corrale sleepmode | Dyson Community
Question

Corrale sleepmode

• 27 January 2024
  • 2 replies

I’ve just had a frustrating chat with Dyson and am hoping I get more useful replies on here!
I have just bought the Corrale straightener and discovered when curling my hair that it goes into sleep mode 5 minutes after I switch it on, even though I’m using it, and laying it down on the heatproof mat between each curl (but only for a matter of seconds each time). This doesn’t happen when I straighten my hair, holding the straightener horizontally (rather than holding it vertically for curling). I contacted Dyson and they said it was faulty and sent me a replacement but that does exactly the same thing. I’ve tried asking them if they’re sure that it shouldn’t be happening but they just keep telling me that they’ll send another one and don’t answer my question! Has anyone experienced the same thing with sleep mode because at this rate I’m going to end up with a houseful of straighteners (they still haven’t sent me the label to return the first straightener!)
Thank you for any help you can give.

2 replies

Hi @georgiabarker,

Thanks for your post, it sounds like something is off with your Corrale -  here’s how sleep mode is supposed to function with your model:

If your Dyson Corrale™ straightener is left unattended with the power on for longer than five minutes, the flexing plates will automatically switch off.

The Power button will flash red and an alert will sound every 10 seconds. Press any button to reactivate your straightener. The temperature will increase to the last setting used. If your straightener is left unattended with the power on for a further five minutes, it will turn
off completely.

Go to www.dyson.com/mycorrale for styling tips and guides.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your response, however I am now on my third set of straighteners and they all do the same thing! I have had frustrating communication on the Webchat service, with mixed responses from operators giving me conflicting information including one who told me that there was and then wasn’t a fault with my straighteners during the same conversation! On each occasion I have been offered an exchange but I fail to understand how I can have been sent 3 pairs of straighteners with exactly the same “fault”. I have also taken to a Dyson Corrale Users Facebook group page to ask if others have encountered the same issue and again have had mixed responses with some people saying that their straighteners do the same thing but others saying it shouldn’t be happening. I am now at a loss as to how to get a definitive answer!