Cyclone v10 not working | Dyson Community
Question

Cyclone v10 not working

• 3 November 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a Dyson v10 animal. It’s out of warranty and has stopped working. When I press the trigger to start the unit it just makes a single ‘boing’ sound. The battery is fully charged and has 3 lights indicating. I’ve check for blockages all over and partially stripped the unit down and can find no obvious faults. New motors are very expensive and don’t want to buy one if that’s not the problem. Any assistance would be appreciated !!. TIA

2 replies

I have exactly the same problem with my V10 animal, I did try phoning the customer service number but couldn't get through. It would be good to find out if it is the motor which has gone wrong or is it the battery, the main body is just under £100 and the battery around £70. It seems a waste to scrap the whole lot.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @G M Sanderson and @Charliedog,

Our experts would be happy to take you both through some simple troubleshooting checks to help determine which replacement part may be needed to get your Dyson Cyclone V10™ vacuums up and running again. Obviously we’re keen to make sure the right part is replaced to get you up and running again as quickly as possible.

Our UK Helpline is currently experiencing high demand due to ongoing service disruption - my apologies that you’ve had difficulty getting through to us previously. The quickest way to reach our Customer Care team is via Live Chat on www.dyson.co.uk. Once you’ve opened the Dyson Digital Assistant you’ll be able to click the agent icon in the bottom left of the chat window to start a Live Chat session with one of our Experts.

We’ll look forward to speaking with you both!