DC08 Turbine Brush Spinning Uncontrollably Fast | Dyson Community
Solved

DC08 Turbine Brush Spinning Uncontrollably Fast

• 10 April 2024
  • 2 replies

I am familiar with turbine brushes spinning slowly and trapped hair but on my DC08 Animal, the turbine brush spins uncontrollably fast. Subsequently it does not pick up litter but just throws dirt around.

Does anybody have any fix suggestions for this?

icon

Best answer by Jack 10 April 2024, 11:25

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @u843687,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

If the brush bar is rotating much faster than normal, this suggests there’s a blockage within the airway through the Turbine head. This causes more airflow to be pulled through the turbine which drives the brush bar - and so the brush bar speeds up. A blockage would also prevent debris from being pulled into the machine, as you’ve described.

Removing the soleplate and the two sections of the brush bar should give you better access to check for and remove any obstructions:

Removing the soleplate and brush bar from the DC08 Turbinehead

I’m confident this should resolve things. If you do need any further help with your machine after giving this a try, please visit Dyson.co.uk and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

If you’d prefer, you can call our UK Helpline on 0800 298 0298 (available from 8am-8pm Mon-Fri, and 8am-6pm on weekends). Our agents will be happy to walk you through some further troubleshooting checks if this is needed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @u843687,

Just responding to your message - I’m glad to hear that removing the obstruction from within the Turbine head has resolved this issue!

You’re welcome to come back to us here at the Dyson Community if you need further advice or support at any point.