DC26 Multi Floor vacuum turbine head on/off button keeps turning off | Dyson Community
Solved

DC26 Multi Floor vacuum turbine head on/off button keeps turning off

• 29 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a ten-year-old DC26. Although I have never really used this head attachment much, preferring the simpler floor attachment, I started using the turbine head recently - exactly the same one that’s shown in the video on the Dyson webpage for this model.

However it suddenly stopped working today because of the on/off button - the grey button which blocks the air flow when pushed (again, as at the end of the video). The button now turns itself off after 5 or 10 seconds, presumably on a slight bump that loosens the button.

I was hoping to find a maintenance run-down for the turbine head to see if the thing is salvageable. Is it worth taking apart or is this a known problem?

Thanks

Video: https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/guides/18586-01?machineId=18586-01

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 1 December 2023, 18:09

View original

3 replies

@adam42 Normally I would recommend replacing the whole head in that case. Hopefully some other users can chime in with tips here if they’ve ever serviced the head itself. Good luck.

Finally found enough time to take the turbine head apart and found it was blocked by some very stiff bristles from the dying doormat. Removed bristles and everything works fine again. Replaced doormat 😆

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @adam42,

Thanks for the update - glad you hear you’ve located the blockage and resolved the issue (and also upgraded the doormat as well!).

You’re welcome to come back to us here at the Dyson Community if you need further support with your machine at any point.