don't love the supersonic diffuser :( | Dyson Community
Solved

don't love the supersonic diffuser :(

• 7 April 2024
  • 1 reply

I am a hairstylist and I just recently started my curly hair journey. I love my Dyson supersonic both for myself and my clients... except the diffuser. my main issue is that it simply isn't deep enough! I have long hair and I can only fit the ends in the diffuser and then the mids fall out and dry weird. I have a loose curl pattern and I'm still in the process of training the curls, so they don't coil up easily. I REALLYYYYY wish Dyson had a bigger, deeper diffuser attachment for the supersonic. I love how gently and evenly it diffuses the airflow, I just don't love the design.

the other problem I have with it is the metal plate gets so hot! even on low heat, I struggle when diffusing my roots because it gets so hot. I think it may in part be due to the shallowness of the diffuser, so the heating element is very close to my scalp. yet another reason why I wish they had a deeper version. not sure if that heat problem would be fixed with a deeper diffuser or if it's an issue with the design itself.

is anyone else experiencing these issues??

icon

Best answer by Jack 8 April 2024, 17:20

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @deirdrelizabeth,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on the Diffuser for the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer!

I’ll be happy to make sure this is passed along for you to the right people.