Dyson Airstrait | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Airstrait

• 25 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I have searched a lot online including this community. The Airstrait has been my godsend for my hair… it used to take an hour to blow dry and then flat iron my hair and thanks to this device a mere 15 mins of work for beautiful, straight, shiny hair.

My dilemma is that I plan to go to Japan for 10 days. I have read my device will not work or don’t use a converter etc… but I cannot imagine doing the old fashion way to blow dry and then flat iron which will take longer and waste my time. I definitely don’t want to do anything’ and let the hair go, which my hair will turn into an untamable beast of frizz and poof. 

I want to know if anyone in the community dared to take it and make it work. I don’t want the generic comment as no will not work, or no converter, or no it’s made specially for your country only. Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 25 February 2024, 17:19

View original

1 reply

Hi @shab 

Brandi from Dyson here. I know this is not the answer that you are looking for, but we do not advise you to use your machine in a different country in which it was purchased. Dyson machines will have a digital motor, which is a lot different than other hair care machines. Because it is a digital motor, the different voltage or a converter will cause damage. This will also void your warranty.

I hope this helps.