Dyson battery not properly charging -only when red button is pressed | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson battery not properly charging -only when red button is pressed

• 27 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi All

I do have a Dyson V8 (serial starting with RA-6) and the battery doesn’t seem to charge properly.

When I plug the charger in absolutely nothing is going on. However, when plugged in and I press the ‘hoover button’ the battery shows signs of life and one bar is blinking, and often after several hours I get 2 to 3 bars.

That means currently I plug the charger in, and I squeeze a ball of paper in the handle to keep the hoover button pressed. Sometimes the Dyson gets charger but the whole thing seems odd.

Do I need to replace the battery?

Thanks, Daniel

icon

Best answer by Jack 29 January 2024, 15:37

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @DanielKriegler,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

It sounds like a very unusual issue - to confirm whether it’s the main body or battery at fault here, it would best if our Customer Care experts in your region can talk you through some simple diagnostic checks when you have your Dyson V8™ vacuum easily to hand.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!