Dyson Cordless vacuums: Maintenance Poll | Dyson Community
COMMUNITY POLL

Dyson Cordless vacuums: Maintenance Poll

• 30 June 2023
  • 4 replies
Dyson Cordless vacuums: Maintenance Poll
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

With the second of our owners polls rolling out, we’re focusing on maintenance. More specifically, the maintenance of the filter(s) in our Cordless vacuum cleaners. 

Dyson cordless vacuum cleaners are designed to capture microscopic particles. Over time these particles can build up and reduce performance. By washing the filter(s) at least once a month, it helps to maintain optimal performance, the suction power of the vacuum and should prolong the filter life.

With this in mind, we’d love to hear how often you truly maintain your filter(s) or even give the entire vacuum cleaner a thorough once over.

I’ve included an ‘Other’ option and left the comments open - if you have anything outside of these options. please leave us a reply.

How often do you maintain your vacuum cleaner?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

And the results are in 😁!

Thanks to those that took part - it’s super interesting to see how you care for your Dyson!

The key takeaway here is that 50% of those that voted indicated they maintain their machine every month, kudos to you! The not so great news, is that the remaining 50% do this every 1 - 6+ months.

Maintaining your machine is very important and can contribute to longevity of the product, along with helping it perform optimally.

To help make it even easier to find Dyson’s own maintenance steps and advice, I’ve worked with our social team pulling together a playlist with an excess of 1,000 videos, covering all aspects of support and maintenance from across our product range. Check it out on the following link - My Dyson. Help and support for your machine. 

I hope this will result in more of you selecting the 0 - 1 Month option above 😅.

I’m keen to keep this poll open for the foreseeable future, and will check back periodically for more insights - feel free to keep on voting and sharing feedback. 

Starting Friday, we’ll be publishing more polls and competitions to get your involvement and insight on. Keep your eyes peels 😎!

Stuart

I suspect that if you asked people how many hours or minutes per week they use the vacuum, that you’d find a correlation with the reported frequency of cleaning the filter.

Help!!!! Since we have a very hairy dog I use my vacuum almost daily and am MANIACAL about emptying it immediately and cleaning it and the filter CONSTANTLY. But even after cleaning it  - it still smells terrible when I turn it back on. It’s making me crazy!! It is a fantastic vacuum (Cyclone v10 Animal) and I love it - but I desperately need advice about the smell issue!

Help!!!! Since we have a very hairy dog I use my vacuum almost daily and am MANIACAL about emptying it immediately and cleaning it and the filter CONSTANTLY. But even after cleaning it  - it still smells terrible when I turn it back on. It’s making me crazy!! It is a fantastic vacuum (Cyclone v10 Animal) and I love it - but I desperately need advice about the smell issue!

Hey @mwbagby

I think you’ll find an answer here - Cordless vacuum smells like a wet dog - Help | Dyson Community

Link: Cleaning the filter(s) on your cordless vacuum cleaner