Cordless - Power Issue | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless - Power Issue

• 12 October 2022
  • 5 replies

My wonderful DC35 Dyson keeps cutting out.

I've followed all the advice and it still does it.

I've noticed, as have others, that the battery connection is not totally secure and moves around a wee bit.

Could this be the problem?  

(Edited by moderator – Tag added) 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 13 October 2022, 14:58

View original

5 replies

Hey @scart57 

If you’ve checked off everything on this post, Cordless - Pulsing noise and the machine is still cutting out, I’d suggest visiting their online help. 

If it’s anything like the support for the later models, they have a bunch of self led diagnostics. These have helped us in the past. 

Good luck. 

Pete. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It could be a battery connection which is an easy fix if so. Or as @WoodenMan attached the link, it could be a blockage or a dirty filter blockage. How long have you had your vacuum?

I've had it for about 7 or 8 years...no excessive use, totally cleaned after every use....

If it’s not a blockage and is cutting out / turning off, it could be general wear and tear of the battery or that of the charger.

Charging cables, connections and batteries could degrade over that length of time. 

@scart57 what did the online help say? 

Good day @scart57, 

Thank you for contacting Dyson Community.  

I am sorry to hear about the power issue with your DC35™ 

We recommend completing the below troubleshooting steps.  

Before your machine cuts out, does it make a pulsating sound like the one in this video? 

Pulsating cordless machine 

Cleaning your filters 

If, after completing the above checks, the problem with your cordless machine is still present or your machine is not pulsating, please contact customer support to further troubleshoot the issue.  Simply use the guides and manual link home the community homepage, choosing the ‘Support’ and ‘Contact Us’ option. 

Thanks.