Dyson price NZ vs AUS: both on sale, 25% more in NZ!! | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson price NZ vs AUS: both on sale, 25% more in NZ!!

• 9 September 2023
  • 8 replies

I am on my third Dyson - in US and now New Zealand, but now considering getting something else.  My current V8 needs replacing, the second battery is iffy, and I have to go over areas too many times. 
I’m a bit frustrated as I would like to buy Dyson, and in Australia they have good sales, but in NZ they never match… so the outcome is while I would like to buy another Dyson, I will likely end up buying something else.  Maybe their marketing dept will see this.
The exchange rate is 1 $NZ = 0.922 $AU
So, in $US…

The price for Gen5Detect is almost 25% more in NZ than AUS:

Aus price is $US 636.52

NZ price is $US 794.74.

I wonder if someone in Dyson can explain?

#1 Current sale in Austalia:

#2 New Zealand

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 10 September 2023, 17:56

View original

8 replies

Ok, I grabbed the NZ screenshot from the Complete version not the Absolute..
Below is the updated screenshot from NZ.

So in $US this is $US 764.72.

This is still 20.1% higher.  Does the ship from Malaysia charge 20% more for the next stop in the shipping lane?!?!

@rich_and_poorHi there and thanks for your longtime support. Across different countries / regions / currencies, Dyson may offer different pricing and promotions at various times.

Feel free to check with your local support to see if they have any special offers for you or check the website regularly for the cost you are happy with. 

Thanks,

Prices vary no matter where you purchase or who you purchase it from. It isn’t solely at Dyson, I just checked Sharks website, they charge around 30% more in NZ compared to AU. Shipping, manufacturing and locate all play a factor I guess. 

Monitor the website and buy at the time you’re happy! Dyson usually have an end of year sale, might be worth holding on!

Userlevel 4

Ok, I grabbed the NZ screenshot from the Complete version not the Absolute..
Below is the updated screenshot from NZ.

So in $US this is $US 764.72.

This is still 20.1% higher.  Does the ship from Malaysia charge 20% more for the next stop in the shipping lane?!?!

@rich_and_poor conversation rate…. You’re paying marginally more with the sale active. 

1187 vs 997 marginally more?  That’s 19%.

The 1299 is NZ dollars, the 997 is AU dollars.  Using your conversation, there is 19% difference.

@jamesdean - thanks.  Yes for sure.  It varies.  NZ is a smaller country, and I expect to pay more… just not 20%. But that’s a personal preference - I’m just letting Dyson know.

Just for the record, Dyson NZ did put the Gen5Detect Absolute/Complete on sale a few weeks later to matching Australia.  And I bought a Complete :)