Dyson Price Promise - Refund still PENDING! | Dyson Community

Dyson Price Promise - Refund still PENDING!

• 15 March 2023
  • 6 replies

I bought a Dyson V15 around end of last year from Dyson website. Shortly after, the price of the vacuum was reduced by $50 on their website. I called Dyson for a price match and was told they would issue me a refund for $50. It’s been 3 months since then and I’ve not gotten any refund yet. I’ve called Dyson multiple times in last 3 months and every time I’ve been told that the refund is on its way but no refund shows up in my bank acct. What a terrible customer service by Dyson. If anyone here can help, I would greatly appreciate. Dyson customer service line is useless.

Dyson Community Moderator 1 year ago

Hello @hkhemka 

This is concerning to hear; we would certainly not expect a price match refund to take this long to sort out for you. I’m not sure which country or market you’re in, but it does sound like this may need another set of eyes here. Can you let us know which country you are in so we can raise this further?

Best wishes,

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @hkhemka 

This is concerning to hear; we would certainly not expect a price match refund to take this long to sort out for you. I’m not sure which country or market you’re in, but it does sound like this may need another set of eyes here. Can you let us know which country you are in so we can raise this further?

Best wishes,

Hi @kellym 

I am in USA. Thanks

Its surprising that there is always a canned response to these issues that are brought up, hindsight if we knew support and service was this bad we would have just taken business elsewhere.

For every 100 people that have this issue, you can bet there is maybe 1 that actually takes the time to sign up for the community and make post about their negative experiences with Dyson.

Userlevel 5

Its surprising that there is always a canned response to these issues that are brought up, hindsight if we knew support and service was this bad we would have just taken business elsewhere.

For every 100 people that have this issue, you can bet there is maybe 1 that actually takes the time to sign up for the community and make post about their negative experiences with Dyson.

And for every 100 that could have this issue, there is more likely 1000s that don’t. It’s easy to complain, never straightforward to share positive news or experiences. People aren’t wired that way. Bad experiences yes, I share. But 9/10 times I’ve needed Dyson, they've been superb. 

So your ok with a 10% failure rate, or 10% churn rate as a business owner?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

So your ok with a 10% failure rate, or 10% churn rate as a business owner?

Hi

I’ve shared my own opinion on this previously, and thought it noteworthy to mention it again here. 

Having I spent time working for a well-established washing machine manufacture, I can speak first-hand of the importance of the product and component quality.

Each individual component has to be to sourced from a reputable manufacture, meet material testing criteria and pass a various stress, tensile and hardness tests, both in laboratory and real-world conditioning. Most of which are recognised as a standard in manufacturing globally.

Although these tests identify flaws and weaknesses in designs, there is still a percentage of components that fail. This is referred to as the Acceptable failure rate and varies between 1% - 10%. This acceptable rate provides an indication to manufactures on components that require repair or replacement overtime. They can use this data in a variation of ways, such as forecasting stock requirements, component pricing, overall cost, and support level. I would like to think this is as low as possible due to their market stake and portfolio of machines, Dyson have a lower-than-average failure rate.

How do this help you? I am not sure it does, it is more of an interesting note. A reason as to why the component on the machine might have failed and an insight into why businesses produce certain components for their portfolio over that of others.

I do know that Dyson openly advertise the stress testing they subject their products to. I might suggest that in this occasion you’ve been unlucky and had a part fail, where others have not. This in my view doesn’t necessary mean that this part will always fail or that a new design is needed.   

David.