Dyson Pure Hot & Cool 1st gen | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Pure Hot & Cool 1st gen

• 7 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Does the first generation Dyson Pure Hot & Cool take in dust particles? I've had mine for almost five years and I recently took off the panels to look at the filters and there isn't a sign of dust on them, they're like new. It also doesn't feel like there's any inward suction of air like you might expect if it was taking in dust. What exactly does this thing do? It seems to me that all it does is read the levels of pollutants in the room but does it actually do anything to resolve issues? I'm so confused. I can't find any answers in the manual. Any advice appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Jack 8 February 2024, 11:42

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @lynnfitzpky,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

All Dyson purifiers draw airflow into the machine through multiple filtration stages, before the purified air is projected into the room via the loop amplifier. Without drawing airflow in through the filter as the base, it wouldn’t be able to project any out through the loop at the top - so if the machine outwardly seems to be working as normal, the filter should also be working as expected.

It does sound a little unusual for a filter that’s been in use for an extended period to show no visible sign of dust, although this will depend on the sort of environment the machine has been used in. It’s hard to say for sure without seeing the machine, but are you confident the filter has been installed and positioned correctly in your machine? 

For further support, I’d recommend speaking directly with our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region. They can run you through some simple diagnostic checks to help make sure everything is correct with your machine.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with the team.