Dyson Purifier Hot+Cold Noises | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Purifier Hot+Cold Noises

• 20 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I recently purchased a Dyson Purifier Hot+Cold unit. I was surprised at some of the noise it produces and wanted to ask if it is normal. I have read the posts about it making a high pitch noise in Auto Mode, which my unit does. At times it is louder than expected. Even the pitch volumes can change at times. It can be “annoying” in a bedroom setting. 

Also, the unit makes a noise when it switches from purifying to heating modes, as the air flow changes. It sounds as if the fan is backing up or reversing motion and then restarting. The noise is considerably louder than I would expect from a unit of this price. It reminds me of an old wall AC unit turning on in a hotel room. Is this normal? Any help is appreciated.

(Edited by moderator – tags added) 

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 3 20 January 2022, 15:26

View original

3 replies

Badge

Hello @PJCarlin,

When in auto mode, the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool purifiers can make different noises, such as an acute high-pitched noise, as it adjusts the airflow to bring the area to the purification target. If continuous monitoring is on, the machine can produce a low hum as it continuous to read the environment’s levels. By disabling this feature, the machine should stop making this noise. Read the ‘Using Continuous monitoring’ article to learn how to enable and disable this feature. 

Our support team would be happy to assist in ensuring your machine is working properly. Please feel free to get in touch with them using the Guides and manuals link. Just navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

Best Wishes,

Miella

I have continuous monitoring off, not using auto mode. At night I either use cooling or backwards air flow, it will start off fine, within 5 to 10 minutes, the high pitched sound starts and does not stop, It becomes soo annoying , I can only block it out if I turn the fan up to #9.  Not sure what else to do to make this sound stop.  I trusted the name, so I spent the money.  Not a good experience so far.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Liza This does sound odd, and we’re sorry this has been your experience, thus far.

Does the machine make this noise only when it is oscillating or is it all the time? 

If it is making this noise when the machine is oscillating, it could indicate an issue which one of our team would need to investigate further. In this instance, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If the noise is coming from the product all the time, i’d recommend checking the filters and making sure they are install and seated inside the machine correctly. As well as turning off continuous monitoring. The ‘Using Continuous monitoring’ article can provide guidance on how to do this. Should the noise still be present after this check, please follow the advise above.