Dyson Purifier Humidify+Cool Formaldehyde™ PH04 Running on High fan when set to AUTO | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Purifier Humidify+Cool Formaldehyde™ PH04 Running on High fan when set to AUTO

• 10 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi, my fan has been running on high all day when I’ve set it to AUTO. I bought it earlier this week and when I initially set it to AUTO the fan was at a low speed. The app is showing that the ‘Auto Target’ air quality is being met, but it’s still on a high setting when on AUTO. Does anyone have an answer for why this is happening?

icon

Best answer by Stuart 14 April 2022, 09:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

hi @anthohughson 

You’re right. The machine goes into a standby mode when it meets the auto level. Only a small airflow should then be felt. Nothing like you’re experiencing. 

I’d suggest trying a quick reset and cleaning the sensor ports (This should remove any blockage). Failing that, contact CS and ask for a replacement.

These posts should help you out.. 

Best of luck.

David.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @anthohughson,

Thanks for posting a question. 

@DavidTaylor is right. Power cycling/Restarting the machine should rectify this issue. If not, checking the sensor ports to ensure that nothing is lodged or stuck there would be the next best step. 

If this does not resolve the problem, our customer service team would be best placed to offer further assistance. They can run through a set of diagnostic questions and discuss any further steps with you. The easiest way for you to contact them is through our WhatsApp channel. Simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

Thanks, 

Stuart