Dyson V11 on/off switch issues | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V11 on/off switch issues

• 31 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi,

like a couple of other people the trigger on my Dyson has stopped working. Occasionally it would turn itself on when i was emptying it. This week it would just stop while I was using it. I have cleaned out the barrel and washed the air filter and the battery is fully charged. It worked for 2 minutes and then stopped. There are no blockages.

Any ideas? All help appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 4 January 2023, 21:57

View original

5 replies

Is the V11 anything like the V10?

I ask as there are lights on the battery on our V10 which show why it’s stopped. These are blockage, filter and battery. What light is showing?

This might help? Cordless - Blockage

I ask as there are lights on the battery on our V10 which show why it’s stopped. These are blockage, filter and battery. What light is showing?

Hi Fishtown57,

yes they are similar, very similar, but we have no lights showing. It shows what suction setting I’m using and the battery charge and nothing else. Thanks anyway.

Hi Fishtown57,

yes they are similar, very similar, but we have no lights showing. It shows what suction setting I’m using and the battery charge and nothing else. Thanks anyway.

Hi. I was just posting a reply to someone else and seen your post. Maybe this link can help find a fix. 

https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/troubleshooting/298793-01/power-or-electrical-issue-251683

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @FernView 

I’m curious to know, as you mentioned that on occasion, your trigger would engage on its own while you were emptying the dust bin - does your trigger no longer react when you depress that to engage the machine? That was my initial impression after seeing your post, but wanted to confirm if that indeed is the issue. If the trigger is no longer responsive, in that you do not have any lights or power on the machine, that can be caused by a few different issues, mainly lack of charge (battery or charger issue), or even an issue with the main body. However, if the trigger engages on its own or gets stuck when you do engage it, this could be an issue with your machine’s main body.

In either event, we’re always happy to help. Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.