Dyson V15 Absolute detect - constantly start & stop | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V15 Absolute detect - constantly start & stop

• 8 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi everybody. I brought this vacuum in April 2023 after replacing my Dyson v8. All was going well with the new v15 until a few months ago it would start then stop about 3 times before it would run normally. I’ve called Dyson numerous times and they’ve sent out 2 replacement batteries and the issue has got worse. The stopping and starting is around a dozen times before it runs constant! I’ve cleaned filters, checked for blockages, constantly cleaning the waste in it. I called up Dyson again and this lady knew straight away it needed a new motor??!! But there is a 4 week wait until I get it. Has anyone had the same issue?? I’m hoping this new motor will stop this issue. Having 4 kids at home im constantly vacuuming!

thank you from Australia 🇦🇺 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 19 January 2024, 00:33

View original

2 replies

@Ericabar3 Thanks for the post, to be sure, it sounds like the issue may be the trigger button - which is part of the same part as the motor, indeed: The main body cyclone.

Hi Adam thanks for your reply. My husband did think it was the trigger too! Shame they couldn’t pick up on it the first time round!