Dyson V7 Motorhead Sometimes Not Charging Properly | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V7 Motorhead Sometimes Not Charging Properly

• 9 November 2022
  • 2 replies

My title pretty much explains the issue. I have a Dyson V7 Motor Head, recently it started not holding charge but only sometimes. Sometimes it charges to full capacity and I get 20 to 30mins cleaning out of it as I have always done so I know the battery is still good. However, sometimes it seems to charge (takes just as long with lights on in the charger) but then claims to have run out of charge after less than 1min of use (stops running and blue light flashing). This seems to happen almost every-other time I go to use it, there is no one else in the house so I know no one else is using it, any idea what could cause this?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 9 November 2022, 23:17

View original

2 replies

Hi @andyarbon

A warm welcome to the community!

Several of the more active members are cordless owners, along with myself. Between us I’m almost sure we can identify the cause and provide a potential fix. 

My first observations is that the blue flashing light is a good sign. It’s an indication that the battery requires recharging. If there was a fault, in my experience, either a red or amber light appears.

This leads me to my first idea, something that was highlighted on a similar question - Cordless vacuum not charging. Is the cable making contact with the port on the machine to provide a sufficient charge? If it’s charged in the mount, it could be feasible that the cable came loose.

My next idea is that there could be a fault with the charger or plug? I’d suggest trying a different plug and seeing if you have more success.

I’m sure other member would have further ideas. 

Best of luck. 
Pete. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @andyarbon 

I’d agree with Pete on this. With the battery showing no signs other than requiring a recharge, I’d lean towards an issue with the charger or the way in which it is charged. 

Trying a different power source and/or charge should solve it. If it doesn’t Dyson have an online service that could help you diagnose any further issue. v7 diagnostics

Light selection
Blue flashing light option

Charlie.