Dyson Zone Q&A | Dyson Community

Dyson Zone Q&A

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Anyone heard or seen anything further on the new wearable tech from Dyson?

I’d be interested in seeing a few user reviews and hearing a rough cost. 

David. 

(Edited by moderator – Title amended) 

11 replies

I signed up on the Wearables announcement page, but haven’t received any form of notification or further announcement yet. 

Id expect the cost to be near that of their purifiers, £400-£700 price bracket. 

Social media noise around it had gone quiet. That’s for sure. 

Yes. It is very quiet. I have not had any notice of a update. 

My family live next to a busy road and walking to the bus ever day can be polluted. 

I am excited to own a Zone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello!

Most markets will be releasing more information regarding The Dyson Zone™ air-purifying headphones in the coming months. In most countries, you can sign up on the Dyson website to receive email notifications for more information and product release announcements.

Best wishes,

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @kellym 

Thanks. I’ve already registered. Do you know when more detail might be released? 

I’ve not seen much on social, other than a few short recording featuring the different components being built. I’m sure, like many others, I’d rather know more user related content. 

Run time, battery type, filter life, overall cost etc.. 

David. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @DavidTaylor

As you can imagine, news on technical specifications has been kept somewhat secret.

Dyson social channels have released some teasers and as we approach the launch, I’d expect more information like this would be available. Right now however, I’ve not got much more news that I can share.

I would definitely suggest keeping your eye on our website for any upcoming announcements and a close eye on your emails for those planned notifications. I'm confident our Community Manager @Stuart will share more information as and when it becomes available. I’ll also make sure I share what I can. 

Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey @DavidTaylor, this is a really great question. Thanks for posting it.

Kelly is right, there are some details we can’t provide just yet.

While we’ll be looking to share full product specification as we approach the launch. There are a few things we can share right now, some might help answer your question. 

Battery life

As the headphones combine purification and audio, the battery capacity had to be significantly more than of conventional headphones. Battery life will depend on usage mode – the lowest battery life will be when the purification speed is set to high, with ANC on. For audio-only, battery life will be extremely long.

Filter life

The filter life will depend on your location. Further information on this will be shared in the coming months and as we approach the launch. 

Price

Manufacturers globally find themselves in a climate of constant change. We want to be clear and transparent with our pricing, which we’ll also be sharing closer to market availability. 

Launch

The Dyson Zone™️ air-purifying headphones will launch from Autumn 2022. We’ll confirm specific geographies closer to availability.

As more information becomes available, we’ll look to share it via the Community. Keep an eye out on the Community homepage over the next few months and for an announcement in our News and information category. 

By registering your interest via the Wearables announcement page, as we approach the launch, you should start to receive further information about the Dyson Zone™️ air-purifying headphones.

I hope this helps. 

Stuart

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@kellym, @Stuart

Thank you for sharing what you can. 

Like many who registered interest, I’m just excited about owning this piece of Dyson tech and want to absorb all the information I can before launch. I really don’t want to miss my chance of being one of the first to own it.

I’ll keep a close eye on my emails and the forum for more news! 

David. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey @DavidTaylor

Remember when I said I’d come back to you once there was further information to share. Well if you’ve not already found it, there’s a host of information on the engineering behind The Dyson Zone™ on a recent Newsroom post is the USA. 

The post talks about the scientific approach, how the Purifying Headphones are engineered for comfort and the global effect taken to engineering. 

I’ll check back and share even more once it becomes available.  

Stuart

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Stuart 

Thank you truly for remembering and sharing this further information with me, and the wider Community. 

I hadn’t quite realise the amount of time, effort and investment that went into the design and creation of the Zone. This is the reason that I look to buy Dyson. 

I’m still keep a keen eye on my emails for further announcements. 

David.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @DavidTaylor

Over the next few weeks, I’ll be sharing a string of content featuring the Dyson Zone™. This will be shared through the recently added ‘Inside Dyson’ sub category. 

I’ve started this off by sharing the following post - See how Dyson headphones produce pure, clean audio.

Hopefully this helps to fuel your passion and interest in the Purifying Headphone even further. 

Feel free to @Me should you have any questions. 

Cheers,

Stuart

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @DavidTaylor

Over the next few weeks, I’ll be sharing a string of content featuring the Dyson Zone™. This will be shared through the recently added ‘Inside Dyson’ sub category. 

I’ve started this off by sharing the following post - See how Dyson headphones produce pure, clean audio.

Hopefully this helps to fuel your passion and interest in the Purifying Headphone even further. 

Feel free to @Me should you have any questions. 

Cheers,

Stuart

Thanks @Stuart. This is super interesting. I’m looking forward to reading future posts. 

David.