Frustrating Warranty Exchange V15 Cordless Submarine | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Hello,

I’ve been a proud owner of the V15 Detect Submarine Cordless Vacuum for several months until, unfortunately, the main body screen blacked out during use, prompting me to claim a warranty. When I initially contacted Dyson customer service, I was informed that the main body was out of stock and was advised to wait one week until it became available. To my surprise, after more than six weeks and numerous phone calls, Dyson still couldn’t restock the part, leading to the initiation of the warranty exchange process.

I followed the instructions and shipped my unit for an exchange. However, another six weeks have passed without resolution. Initially, I was told that the replacement unit would be shipped within 7-14 business days from the date of receipt, but that timeline was not met. After 12 weeks of waiting and countless calls, Dyson finally shipped a replacement unit from their California warehouse. Unfortunately, after just a few days, the UPS tracking indicated that the shipment was damaged and discarded.

At this point, I was extremely frustrated with the service I was receiving and escalated the issue to a supervisor. After another week of back-and-forth, Dyson shipped a second replacement, but once again, UPS reported the same issue. When I spoke to a UPS supervisor, he mentioned that, in his 20-plus years of experience, he had never seen the same problem occur twice in such a short span and suggested that Dyson might not be following proper shipment procedures, potentially causing these issues.

I am now 14 weeks into this process without a vacuum that I paid $1,000 for. I’ve received no resolution, endured terrible service, and likely spent over 20+ hours on the phone with Dyson multiple times a week. I’m exhausted from this ordeal and am reaching out as a last resort to seek assistance.

Is there any other action I can take to resolve this matter?

Thank you for your help.

What you describe is exactly why I refuse to send them my unit over a ripped gasket. I need a new one in-hand before I’ll send them the old one. It’s like their customer service team is boxed into a narrow path and completely unable to do their job. I’m so disappointed — this is by far the worst customer service experience I’ve ever had. 

I'm sorry to hear that! I can't express how frustrated I am of this situation and will never purchased dyson again. So many people have asked if I'd recommend V15 and I said NO strictly due to their customer service support being so terrible.

I’m having the exact same issue with my V15 cordless vacuum and left without a vacuum for 2 months now! 

first I was told I can get replacement charger and waited for over 2 weeks and it’s out of stock, then I can send back my V15 for a replacement. The replacement is also out of stock. And now that they have it in stock their weren’t able to ship it out cause the warehouse and Purolator haven’t released it yet.  I was told they would escalate it and it’s my 3rd time calling on the same escalation and was told today my case was NOT escalated and to wait another 48 hours and then 5-10 business days. 

it’s been 2 months without a vacuum. And I was told I’ve spoken with the highest supervisor and they cannot provide anymore information. So basically just wait and wait and wait. Horrible customer resolution! 

It’s really too bad. I had a Ball for years and eventually it broke but that was fine because it lasted a while. I was happy with it. Then I got the Airwrap. Then I got the Airstrait and Gen5. I was feeling like these were cool products and like I was buying good stuff. Then I had the problem with the Gen5 and really terrible response from the team at Dyson. It just kept getting worse and worse dealing with them and at this point I feel foolish for buying into the branding hype. They don’t care at all about quality or service. The regret I was feeling became deep as it seemed like their service team was merely jerking me around and at times straight up lying. I now consider this whole thing as a lesson learned and I just don’t think Dyson is a good company anymore.