How can I get my vacuum or my money back? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

How can I get my vacuum or my money back?

• 14 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I purchased a V10 Animal on 4/30. I know it isn’t a current model, but I used my mom’s and really liked it so I wanted the same model if possible. On 4/30, it was listed on the webpage and I was able to order that model.

On 5/10, I still hadn’t received a shipping notice so I started researching shipping times. I found some info referring to items on back order so I tried to see if the V10 Animal had back order listed as the status and I failed to notice it. Well, the V10 Animal is no longer listed on the website at all. A refurbished version is, but *know* my order was for a new, unused model because I literally paid twice the price listed for a refurbished model.

I reached out using the chat feature and was told they didn’t know why it isn’t on the website anymore, it must be some sort of technical glitch but my V10 Animal would definitely be shipped shortly. Then, the following day, I received *12* emails confirming my “new” order. Since I never placed an order, I was confused so I called customer service this time.

I am baffled by the response I got. The customer service rep told me that a new order is automatically created if the original order doesn’t ship during the promised time frame, and that my NEW promised timeframe is 7 to 10 business days from the day the NEW order was placed. So this means that every 7 to 10 business days, the whole process starts over without my consent, and I can’t get my money back because I am still in the shipping window that is automatically reset.  

So it seems that following this model, I will never receive the vacuum and there is no way for me to cancel and get my money back. I have tried the chat feature and called customer service and no one has an answer for me other than that. HELP!!

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @carameehan,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

I’m sorry to see your experience so far hasn’t been as quick and easy as we’d like, and I can only apologise for this.

I’m in touch directly and we’ll look forward to getting this resolved for you.