How can I leave a product review on the Dyson website? | Dyson Community
Solved

How can I leave a product review on the Dyson website?

Userlevel 1
  • Novice Member
  • 2 replies

How can I leave a review for the Dyson Purifier Humidify & Cool Formaldehyde?

(Moderation edit - Tags Added/Title Updated)

icon

Best answer by Emma.S 1 March 2023, 21:27

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hey 👋 

Anyone can leave a review.

For starters, you have to be on the Dyson website. Click on what you’d like to review and scroll until you see the other reviews. At the very bottom of the page, you’ll be prompted to leave one. 

Good luck! 

Emma! 

Userlevel 1

Hi Emma!

Thank you for your assistance with my review question. I was able to leave a review yesterday after reading your message.

Thanks again Emma!:)

They will only allow your review to be posted if it meets review guidelines. One of the guidelines is to avoid negativity so...I’m not sure everybody will be able to post a review, unless it is a glowing review of Dyson or its products.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @discerningconsumer 

I’m not certain which market you’re in, however as someone who replies to a large amount of the reviews here in the US/Canada market, I can let you know that we do allow many negative reviews on our website. Sometimes, reviews may get rejected for a number of reasons. If you post about the wrong machine, or post your review on the US website - just for example - but you may reside in the UK, your review would get rejected, even if it was positive. If you do decide to leave a review, be sure it’s being left on the correct product (ie: don’t write a review about a V8 Absolute, and post it under a V15 Detect product), and be sure you navigate to the correct Dyson page for the region you’re in. We want to make sure that reviews make sense for the products in which they’re sold, and not all products are yet available in all markets. We hope this is somewhat helpful!

They will only allow your review to be posted if it meets review guidelines. One of the guidelines is to avoid negativity so...I’m not sure everybody will be able to post a review, unless it is a glowing review of Dyson or its products.

Isn’t this the same with any company. At least it is with those I’ve encountered. Limitation set against reviews and guidelines to adhere to - most of the time its to protect their brand, though frustrating I understand. They can’t have someone leaving a negative review about an order, if they never placed one or if their complaining about a service and not the machine, it won’t go through. 

I’ve not tried to leave one on Dyson, Amazing and Samsung I have. Had to edit them both a few times before being allowed to post. It’s just one of those things.

I don’t have any experience on the sites you’ve mentioned. I have posted on other sites that don’t censor the types of opinions. In my experience, if a negative review is posted, some companies rectify that situation and post follow ups to show consumers they are serious about customer feedback and service. If that is not the case, then consumers should be wary of the company.

I don’t have any experience on the sites you’ve mentioned. I have posted on other sites that don’t censor the types of opinions. In my experience, if a negative review is posted, some companies rectify that situation and post follow ups to show consumers they are serious about customer feedback and service. If that is not the case, then consumers should be wary of the company.

@discerningconsumer What are the sites you’ve got experience with?

Hazarding a guess, I’d say Dyson receive 1000s of reviews globally. I wouldn’t imagine they have the resource to manually  validate each one. Like my experience with Apple, they’ve likely use an AI programme. If text doesn't met the criteria, the guidelines are highlighting and you have a chance to edit.

There will always be certain conditions you have to adhere to. Every website is the same. Dyson’s T&Cs should mention what these are. They’ve been open with how they moderate content here. How do Dyson moderate on this Forum? | Dyson Community

If you are interested in the "Dyson Purifier Humidify & Cool Formaldehyde" product, please visit Dyson's website or product review websites such as reviewzonehq.com and click on the "write a review" button or link to share your opinion on this product. Additionally, you can also rate and provide feedback on other Dyson products such as vacuum cleaners, hair dryers, etc. by posting comments on the product's feedback section. Suggestion for you is that every review is usually at the end of the article.

I’m fed up with Dyson, this is 4th PH04 the first two machines were noisy and kept me up at night, after 2 repairs and a replacement it lasted 8 weeks and same problem happened again. The last 2 machines one was damaged during shipping and the new PH04 machine I have now has only been used for 4 months and the sensors don’t work, the humidifier definitely doesn’t work, the water tank never depletes and the customer service phone line is very disrespectful almost blaming me for the poor quality of the machine. I’m done with Dyson I’m expecting a full refund. Don’t waste your hard earned $900 on this product.

Adding to this as I’m also getting fed up. And there is no way to leave product reviews on the Dyson website, unless you’re expected to scroll through multiple pages of reviews until you get to the end. 

I bought the Gen5 Outsize and it’s literally the most expensive vacuum they sell. It feels flimsy and cheap. But I kept it because it was really good at the actual vacuuming up of things, we just had to be super careful handling it. BUT, despite that, the wheel of the carpet attachment broke after like a month and a half of using it. And it’s been WEEKS back and forth trying to get it sent to them for repair. They take days to get back to me and keep re-asking me how I’d like to send it back, but then when I respond they follow up with some other question AND ask again about the shipping. It’s super inefficient. At this point, I’d almost rather they just take it back even if I don’t get a refund because after this experience not sure I’d buy anything else from them.

Wish I had just returned it but it’s too late now. I also bought the V8 as a backup or quick use option, and that one is wonderful, it feels sturdy and works great. It just doesn’t quite have the suction power that I need for regular vacuuming and you have to hold the button down the whole time you use it.

Adding to this as I’m also getting fed up. And there is no way to leave product reviews on the Dyson website, unless you’re expected to scroll through multiple pages of reviews until you get to the end. 

I bought the Gen5 Outsize and it’s literally the most expensive vacuum they sell. It feels flimsy and cheap. But I kept it because it was really good at the actual vacuuming up of things, we just had to be super careful handling it. BUT, despite that, the wheel of the carpet attachment broke after like a month and a half of using it. And it’s been WEEKS back and forth trying to get it sent to them for repair. They take days to get back to me and keep re-asking me how I’d like to send it back, but then when I respond they follow up with some other question AND ask again about the shipping. It’s super inefficient. At this point, I’d almost rather they just take it back even if I don’t get a refund because after this experience not sure I’d buy anything else from them.

Wish I had just returned it but it’s too late now. I also bought the V8 as a backup or quick use option, and that one is wonderful, it feels sturdy and works great. It just doesn’t quite have the suction power that I need for regular vacuuming and you have to hold the button down the whole time you use it.

File an FTC complaint cause they’re customer service is so bad, class action law suit material for sure.

Do I have to scroll through to the end of the thousands of reviews to access this “leave review” button? My $500 hair dryer broke within months. My sister has one too which broke in less than a month. They are supposedly sending me a new one but my sister has been waiting for hers for over a month.