How do I recycle my old Dyson? | Dyson Community
Solved

How do I recycle my old Dyson?

• 18 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi, 

I am researching my next Dyson vaccum purchase and wondering how to responsibly recycle or dispose of my old one. Does Dyson offer a service for this? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 19 November 2022, 17:02

View original

3 replies

The green movement is a subject I’m really passionate on. Sustainability, stopping the degradation of our world by recycling responsibly. 

Their aberrance and cooperation in the WEEE directive was one of the reason I purchased Dyson. I really believe in their environmental statement and I of course love their products.  

I encourage you to read more WEEE - Recycling it’s very enlightening and in my opinion isn’t something they highlight enough. 

If you don’t have the time to read and just wanted to know where you can recycle it under the WEEE directive visit https://www.recyclenow.com/local-recycling

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @louisehowe416 @Spencer

A fantastic topic! It’s great to have an opportunity to highlight the WEEE directive.

It’s also worth highlighting how Dyson approaches Sustainability, the approach to engineering and reducing their impact by generating less waste. 

Clicking the Sustainability link will take you to the full online article. 

Thanks. 

Stuart. 

Don't be taken in by Dyson Green Washing.

I was told by the customer line I could recycle mine too but now they changed their mind. Very annoying. Almost as much as stopping supply of new batteries so all I have is a load of waste plastic rather than a working vacuum, with no resolution from Dy-Con expect buy a new one. 

Will never buy such rubbish again. Avoid Avoid Avoid