How do I troubleshoot my Dyson DC25 vacuum shutting off, and experiencing a loss of pickup? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

How do I troubleshoot my Dyson DC25 vacuum shutting off, and experiencing a loss of pickup?

• 5 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi i have dc25, it’s cutting out when up right, and power seems weak. i’ve cleaned filter and took apart for blockages. any ideas ? 

(Moderation edit - title updated)

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @kath corrigan,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

From what you’ve described here, it sounds like your DC25 has a blockage. I understand you’ve had a look for this, but an obstruction may be hidden in the airway behind the cleaner head, or in the lower duct hose. The good news is that this should be quick and easy to resolve, and shouldn’t need a repair!

Please follow each step of the troubleshooting journey which starts on this page: https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/troubleshooting/14585-01/pick-up-issues-138190

This should get you up and running again. But if you do need some further help after you’ve followed these steps through, the fastest way of getting in touch with our experts is via Live Chat through our Digital Assistant. Once you’ve clicked the round purple button on Dyson.co.uk you can start a conversation with an agent by clicking the agent icon at the bottom left of the chat window. 

Hope this helps!