how does the Dyson Purifier Humidify+Cool™ PH04 Formaldehyde know when to stop humidifying? | Dyson Community
Solved

how does the Dyson Purifier Humidify+Cool™ PH04 Formaldehyde know when to stop humidifying?

• 8 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

hi all. 

When in automatic mode for both purifying and humidifying when does the machine know when to stop the humidifier? mine is set too 50% But on my indoor weather station it is showing 46% on the machine itself it is saying 53%

Which one is right? The machine I have is brand new! Only bought it in December last year.

Thanks

**Confused!**

icon

Best answer by Jack 9 January 2024, 14:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @chama98,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and congratulations on your new Dyson Purifier Humidify+Cool™ Formaldehyde purifier humidifier!

As your machine runs in Auto mode, its onboard sensors continually sample the incoming airflow, measuring and reacting to changes in indoor air quality, temperature and humidity. I’ve included our Getting started guide below, in case it’s useful:

Please note, separate external humidity-monitoring devices may be differently calibrated. As they’re not part of the Dyson machine, we wouldn’t be able to comment the accuracy of the readings they generate. 

Hope this helps!

Badge

Many thanks for this. 

What I did was turned off the heating and the machine and opened all the doors and windows to properly air the rooms within the house. I looked at all my humidity devices and then with the continuous monitoring of the Dyson it was a proper match but out by 1% which is nothing. 

The other thing I have noted as well was the machine was slightly smelling when oh humidification, I turned the machine off. and cleaned out the orange filter by running under cold water, and rinsed out the water container. I was going to do a deep clean but I don't know how to do this manually? Please could you advise?

Many Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @chama98,

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve included our video guide on completing a Deep clean cycle below. Normally your machine will prompt you to do this once a month, but you may want to complete a Deep clean more often in hard water areas, or if there are long periods in between you using the humidifying function:

You can also find a step-by-step guide in our Support section here.

Hope this helps, but let us know if you have any further questions after giving this a try!

Badge

Thanks so much Jack. Thats really helpful.

Thanks again.