How to contact Dyson with complaint | Dyson Community
Solved

How to contact Dyson with complaint

• 30 October 2022
  • 8 replies

• Rookie Member
  • 1 reply

I want to purchase a new screw in battery for a V11 vacuum.  The Dyson webpage states it is out of stock and so enter an email address and will be advised when the item is available. However I do get n email stating its back in stock but the link does not work. I then use the web browser version and get to the correct page - the item is ‘Out of Stock’ .   

How can I email Dyson to complain?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 31 October 2022, 17:24

View original

8 replies

Hey! 

Have you tried calling?

There’s several tweeter responses saying that while their website stock is showing out, sometimes their call centres can order items. Could be worth a try. 

Kirby.

Hi @Bee

I'm sorry you've had difficulty ordering the right battery for your Dyson V11™ vacuum. Global supply challenges mean the quantity of stock available can be limited - so when you receive an email notification, it's important to order promptly to avoid any disappointment. I can only apologise for the inconvenience if the link in the email wasn’t working as expected on this occasion.

As you missed out this time round, you'll need to re-register your interest if you'd like to be notified again when more batteries are available.

Just to check, have you run through any troubleshooting to make sure a replacement battery will resolve any issues you're currently having? Our experts can help you confirm this is needed. You can find the Dyson Helpline number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page.

Email was responded to a few minutes after receipt.  If this was a one off incident I would not complain however it is not!     After (again) re-registering the response email came through very quickly.

Why can you not just put in an order for parts? I felt undermined and taunted by a Dyson Customer service rep “Chumani” based in Cape Town SA.

Why can you not just put in an order for parts? I felt undermined and taunted by a Dyson Customer service rep “Chumani” based in Cape Town SA.

I always order from their online store. Use this post: How to: Order spare parts and accessories

If there isn’t stock, you’ll have to provide an email and wait to get notified. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @Happy7 

If there is a part that an owner needs to order, which is out of stock, we cannot place the order - it will cancel. Also, there are times when an item will restock and have a different sku number associated with it. This would also cause ordering issues, and is another reason why we cannot order out of stock parts. We hope this helps!

Hello @Happy7 

If there is a part that an owner needs to order, which is out of stock, we cannot place the order - it will cancel. Also, there are times when an item will restock and have a different sku number associated with it. This would also cause ordering issues, and is another reason why we cannot order out of stock parts. We hope this helps!

Then why could I ring customer care after being belittled by Chumani on WhatsApp and successfully place an order which was out off stock?

There is no excuse for the way he treated me. 

I always order from their online store. Use this post: How to: Order spare parts and accessories

If there isn’t stock, you’ll have to provide an email and wait to get notified. 

I tried the online store first, however it directed me to WhatsApp and this appalling Cust rep. 

This afternoon I was absolutely appalled and outraged to the point of calling the Better Business Bureau. I went as far as to record the dialogue between the customer service representative at Dyson for their incredibly rude demeaning and uncouth behavior.  

As promised by many consumers before me, including professionals within the hair care industry the Dyson products simply do not match the experience.  I’ve purchased Dyson hairdryers in the past and was hopeful that this model would have brought about an enhanced experience, but sadly I was mistaken, and the product ultimately failed just under a year and a half. I called today to understand the manufacture warranty and replacement process. 

the wait time was 45 minutes to be anticipated by a representative who could barely pronounce my name who knew nothing about the product and asked me to repeat the troubleshooting steps already attempted on my own. After exhausting these necessary steps he let me know that I would need to send him my product which could take up to 14 days and then they would distribute a replacement piece of equipment back which could take an additional 14 days. 

I spent $500 on a hairdryer to be without this piece of technology for an entire month. Assuming no shipping issues? 

at this point, I requested support from a supervisor and was discouraged. Highly was made to wait an additional 15 minutes and then was told I would need to hang up and receive a return phone call to which I shared I would happily wait to ensure this matter was resolved immediately . 

the representative who I was assured, had absolutely no desire to support me. I respectfully let him know that I would be seeking a more expedited return process, and if he was in capable of supporting me, I would either like to speak to his supervisor or be passed on the complaint department as this customer service simply does not align with the service. I expect from Dyson as a brand and market leader.

I’ve had my share of challenging customer service calls if you’re spending as much as you are as a consumer, you should receive at the very least the ability to navigate through challenges with someone who cares to listen. 

this man has by far surpassed any, and all negative experiences I have ever had with a customer service representative. I began to record our call because his be rating was barbaric. I simply asked consistently for a supervisor or to be passed on the complaint department he would only repeat that I would do as he said, and that he would let me know how we were going to approach this. He refused to deviate from the process and refused to answer my simple question can you support me? If not, can you send me to either the complaint department or a supervisor  as clearly there was nobody above him, or he preferred not to meet some negative quota, he began speaking over me so aggressively to the point that I was on the brink of tears. 

no level of professionalism was present on this call cannot believe Dyson would fail their community so dramatically. I will never purchase a Dyson product ever again, and the Better Business Bureau complaint will absolutely be followed through to the fullest. This man was so atrocious for this alone, I would never invest another dime in Dyson.