How to safely move humidifier PH03 | Dyson Community
Solved

How to safely move humidifier PH03

• 20 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I have a new PH03 and would like to move it nightly from my living room to my bedroom—about 15 feet. What is the safest way to transport/move it on a daily basis?  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 21 January 2022, 00:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi

I recall that they shouldn’t be picked up by the loop and to carry them from base. Pretty sure emptying the water was included in there somewhere..

I’d recommend checking the manual to make sure.

Best of luck. 
David. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @michaelpickel,

We hope you’re enjoying your new PH03! When moving your machine, use both hands to carry your PH03 by the base of the machine. You will not want to carry or lift the machine by the amplifier loop.

We hope this helps! 

Here is a better way to move the heavy machine without lifting:

Slip a piece of paper under your machine and make a pencil line around the perimeter of the base. Remove the paper. Measure across the circle to find out the diameter. My machine measured 12 1/2 inches across. So I purchased this plant dolly from Amazon with a 15 inch diameter. The machine fits perfectly and the dolly doesn’t interfere with the electrical cord or with removing or inserting the water tank. Now it is easy to push the machine from room to room. I’m also thinking of adding a rope to the wheels, so that I can pull the machine with one hand and steady  it with the other. This dolly seems to be quite sturdy and because it is colorless, it does not distract from your flooring or carpeting. I hope this works for you.