How to tell if the UV light is working in PH03? | Dyson Community
Solved

How to tell if the UV light is working in PH03?

• 25 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Is there a way to verify and see that the UV light is working on my humidifier? The water in the tank has been getting cloudy even with a deep clean. It wasn’t an issue before and my only assumption is that the Uv light stopped working and is making my water get filled with bacteria.

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 2 27 March 2022, 10:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @etoilevy 

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve run into an issue with cloudy water in your PH03’s water tank. 

Do you notice any algae growing in the tank, or just noticing the cloudy water? One reason something like that can occur, is if the water has been sitting in the tank for too long, and a deep clean will likely resolve the issue. 

Another potential issue is that you could possibly not have the machine set to the correct water hardness for your area. You may find this article here helpful: Setting Your Water Hardness

If the issue is persisting after running a deep clean and selecting the correct water hardness, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

The water will sit for less than 24 hours and get cloudy.  All setting are correct, including water hardness setting.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi@etoilevy

Thanks for the follow-up response and confirming that your settings are correct.  Really sorry to hear of the issue you’re still facing.  Just to be sure we’ve covered the basic check points, please kindly take a moment to run a deep cycle, found here: Running a Deep Clean Cycle 

If after following this step of running a deep clean, and you find the issue is persisting, please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps.  To do this, simply click on our Guides and Manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

So to answer my original question, is there no way to tell if the UV light is working?

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@etoilevy 

Ultraviolet light (UV) is not detectable by the human eye. So there wouldn’t be conventional way for you to see this light spectrum. Maybe worth an internet search if you wanted to look at a non-conventional way. 

I believe the output of this light is to help in disinfecting the water. For Humidifiers this water still needs to be treated and cleaned. Dyson do this via their deep clean. 

If you can’t run this deep clean or the water in the tank is still cloudy. There could be a mechanical issue. A blockage in the pump column or the tank not being treated with the correct water or any citric acid. Calling for technical support would your only alternative here. 

Best of luck,

David.