hp04 not humidifying | Dyson Community
Solved

hp04 not humidifying

• 17 February 2022
  • 1 reply

I set up the humidity target to 70% after one and a half hour running the humidity dropped to 49% 

this is my second day with the machine… yesterday gave me some weird readings regarding the air quality. I’m thinking that this unit may be broke

(Edited by moderator – tags added)  

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 18 February 2022, 12:13

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Have you looked through the community for help?

There are a number of post from other users that had similar issues. All of which seem to be closed now. 

General consensus indicates checking the components of the machine are installed correctly and checking the home conditions are not allowing outside air to interfere with the local air. 

“”

1. Check that the Humidity is active and hasn’t been switched off by mistake. The current room humidity will show in grey, and the target humidity will be in blue.
  2. Check that the humidity level in the room is above the target you’ve input.
  3. Check the local environment. Make sure that doors and windows are closed, and air conditioning units are turned off during use. If new air in constantly introduced to the local environment, the machine may struggle to increase the overall humidity.
    • As you’ve set the Humidity to 70%, this is very important. 
  4. Check the machines position. Make sure there is enough circulation on either side of your machine and that it is placed away from radiators, draughts, and/or air vents. 
  5. Increase the fan speed and monitor the humidity over time.

“”

I hope this helps.

David.