Humidifier stopped working - HELP! | Dyson Community
Solved

Humidifier stopped working - HELP!

• 8 January 2022
  • 6 replies

The humidifier stopped working in the last 2 weeks.  I usually have to fill the tank weekly, but the water hasn’t gone down in the last week AND the humidity level is around 20% - and I have the machine set at 30%.  I tried raising the machine level to the highest humidity setting but after 24 hrs the room is still at 20%.  Please Help!

(Edited by moderator – tags added)

icon

Best answer by Stuart 10 January 2022, 09:54

View original

6 replies

Hi @tamih 

I’d commented on a similar question a couple of weeks ago. The community manager suggested a couple of areas to check for; It’s worth a read in your case. 

When I have a humidity or water problem with my Dyson, running a deep clean usually solves it. Worth giving that a go if you’ve not already.

Barry

Barry,

I dis a deep clean about 3 weeks ago, and I only use distilled water.  My experience is a deep clean is only needed every 2 months. This same issue occurred last year and the machine had to be replaced.  It is not a humidity problem...the problem is it is usong no water and thus not producing any humidity. 
is there any factory reset I can do?  I’ve tried unplugging for 15 minutes and then plugging back in.  I also have tried setting both fan and humidity on highest setting (another suggestion from troubleshooting) and left it all day.  Still no water usage.

@tamih

My advice was only a suggestion. I’m no expert.

Have you checked the knowledge base? I’m sure a Factory Reset article exists. 

Barry

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @tamih thanks for posting a question. 

@BarryM has offered some great advice here. He’s covered all the areas the community support and Knowledge Base section would indicate. Whilst running a deep clean isn’t something we expect owners to do as regularly as weekly, in the event there is a blockage that could be causing an issue, this is usually a great place to start. Great to read you’ve done one recently. 

I’d suggest running through some further checks online. These are designed to be straightforward and could help to highlight why this is happening. You’ll need your machines to hand to do this.

The best place to view this in the USA market is on our online support guide, which you can find here: https://www.dyson.com/support/air-treatment/purifier-humidifiers. Please select your machine from the list and follow the on-screen instructions.

Should you still have a concern after running through these checks, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’.

Thanks, 

Stuart

@Stuart I am having the same problem but I’m not seeing a way to force a deep clean. When I hit the deep clean button on my machine is just basically says I don’t need one right now, it shows an image of the orange filter and a check mark. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Stuart I am having the same problem but I’m not seeing a way to force a deep clean. When I hit the deep clean button on my machine is just basically says I don’t need one right now, it shows an image of the orange filter and a check mark. 

Hi @Leahsilot Thanks for posting a follow up question. 

The screen you are seeing indicates that the machine doesn’t require a deep clean. However, there are some further checks I can highlight which should help us make sure the machine in functioning as it is intended in the future. 

1. Check that the Humidity is active and hasn’t been switched off by mistake. The current room humidity will show in grey, and the target humidity will be in blue.
  2. Check that the humidity level in the room is above the target you’ve input.
  3. Increase the fan speed and monitor the humidity over time.
  4. Check the local environment. Make sure that doors and windows are closed and air conditioning units are turned off during use. If new air in constantly introduced to the local environment, the machine may struggle to increase the overall humidity. 
  5. Check the machines position. Make sure there is enough circulation on either side of your machine and that it is placed away from radiators, draughts or air vents. 
  6. Check the base cap at the bottom of your pump for a blockage. This is the small cap is at the base of the pump. You only need to remove it and clean underneath.
    • This is the little cap right underneath the pump. Sometimes this can become blocked and stops the water from being pulled through the machine. 

If after 24 - 48 hours you are not seeing a noticeable increase to your room’s humidity or the water level decreasing, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel. One of our team will be happy to run you through some further troubleshooting and discuss the next steps with you. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

Thanks,

Stuart