Is this direct from dyson packaging normal? | Dyson Community
Solved

Is this direct from dyson packaging normal?

• 10 December 2023
  • 2 replies

if this is normal…how is this acceptable for a $1100 product? I have several Dyson products from fans, humidifiers, vacuums, and hair care for my wife and nothing like this before. Albeit my V15 detect was purchased through Best Buy.  

icon

Best answer by Jack 11 December 2023, 15:14

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Maverik259,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and congratulations on your new Dyson V15 Detect™ vacuum! 

As part of our journey towards sustainability, the packaging of our latest machines including the Dyson V15 and V12 Detect™, and the new Gen5detect™ vacuums use paper and cardboard only, and should be locally recyclable. We no longer use non-biodegradable expanded polystyrene, and avoid single-use plastic where we can in our packaging.

The packaged components should fit together neatly in the outer box, and it’s unusual to see them out of place after transit like this. I understand you bought from a retailer rather than Dyson direct, and if you’re unhappy with the condition of the packaging you may prefer to discuss this directly with the retailer as they’ll be best placed to help.

Can we ask if the vacuum or any of its parts or accessories were damaged in any way?

I replied but I guess it didn’t go through. I bought the Gen5outsize and it was direct from Dyson. Yes everything works. Just not the attention to detail or just common sense packaging I would expect from Dyson or a $1100 product.